Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The 'part-time barback'

I've decided that the guy on the last photo in the previous post deserves an own post: 20 y/o Evan Wilson, a student from Baltimore.


Evan says he's "a full-time student, part-time barback living downtown in Baltimore City.". I assume it's just a typo. If so, what an unnecessary risk to a beautiful young life.

He would be the archetype of a Corbin Fisher or Sean Cody model, but he's apparently not into this: "I will not pose nude." Honours him, even though we wouldn't be averse seeing him with less textile.

Evan is rather at the other end of the scale... He says he's an artist... And here's him doing art, at a younger age, 18, and a quite different style.

His self-portraits show that he's apparently aware of his good looks... Well, that's just a realistic perspective, given his looks.

But some of his artwork is a bit thought-provoking to me. For example his Personality Series, "an examination of ME as a person".

Read his own comments on these self-reflections, “SELF-HATE”, “LUST” and “REGRET”.
I'm even more concerned about what's going on inside Evan, looking at this works from him:

I don't want to make any suggestions about his state of mind, reflected in his art. It's art. But for me, Evan shared much more personality than any other model, without stripping down to the confines. Love him.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Barback is an aid to a Bartender you idiot.

Monday, January 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, like a bust-boy to a waiter. Way to insinuate he's a whore...

Monday, January 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you be any more stupid? Way to slam someone you don't know.

Friday, July 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like reading through an article that will make men and women think.
Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

Also visit my weblog; InstaForex

Sunday, May 05, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home